Sampson Community College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, political belief, or handicap. (Absence of handicap is a bona fide qualification in a small number of jobs.) The information requested on the SCC Application for Employment will in no way affect you as an applicant. Its sole use will be to see how well our recruitment efforts are reaching all segments of the population.
Current Faculty Openings:
Adjunct Instructor - Business Administration
Requirements: Master’s Degree with a focus in Marketing or Business Law and teaching experience.
Instructor - Criminal Justice
Requirements: Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice; experience teaching online, hybrid and traditional classes in criminal justice; field experience in criminal justice.
Manicurist Instructor - WD&CE
Applicants should possess a related degree in cosmetology/manicuring, be recognized as a licensed instructor by the North Carolina Board of Cosmetology, and show proof of the required 24 CEUs for licensed cosmetologists. Classes will be offered through SCC’s Workforce Development & Continuing Education (WD&CE) division and will be held Monday – Thursday evenings from 6:00 – 10:00 pm & every 2nd Saturday from 8:00 am – 5:30 pm starting August 13, 2018. If interested in applying, please contact Katie Brown at 910-592-8081 ext. 4010 or email@example.com.
Current Staff Openings:
Director of Facility Services
Purpose: Responsible for maintaining the physical campus including all on-campus and off-campus buildings, campus grounds, vehicles and other equipment. The Director serves as the principal liaison with construction contractors and building service providers. He/she is responsible for monitoring and promoting safety in all plant operations. The Director assists the Vice President of Finance and Auxiliary Services in other duties as assigned.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise plant operations staff
- Serve as point of contact with building system contractors (HVAC, elevators, alarms, etc.)
- Liaison with construction contractors
- Schedule, service, and maintain all campus vehicles
- Oversee receipt and delivery of campus mail
- Inventory all county equipment and assist with total college inventory
- Serve as the recycling coordinator
- Oversee plant operations safety program
- Order maintenance and housekeeping supplies
- Schedule responses to request for maintenance and housekeeping services
- May include both day and evening hours
- Other duties, as assigned
Direction Received: Vice President of Finance and Auxiliary Services
Direction Given: Housekeeping, maintenance, and grounds staff
High school diploma; prefer applicants with experience (and NC licensure) in electrical and or mechanical.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- North Carolina Commercial Pesticide Applicator License
- Knowledge of commercial electrical and HVAC systems
- Ability to work with the public and individuals from diverse backgrounds
Lift equipment or material weighing up to 50 pounds, climb ladders to overhead storage areas, access spaces beneath and adjacent to HVAC equipment, wear personal protective equipment as required by duties, inspect all areas of the campus using standard pedestrian access.